Criminal Legal Secretary/Office Manager
- 18 Feb 2021
- Full Time
- Boutique CBD firm offering a close-knit, dynamic working environment
- Legal Secretarial experience essential and criminal exposure advantageous!
- Salary to $80,000 PKG (commensurate on experience)
As a busy boutique firm located in the heart of the CBD, our client is a well-known criminal defence firm representing individuals and corporations against all manner of criminal offences. Acting in the NSW Local, District and Supreme Courts as well as interstate proceedings, this firm has a high success rate and regularly appears in high profile cases.
Working to support the Principal Lawyer and wider team of legal practitioners, this role will provide essential administrative assistance and involve the following duties:
- Answering and filtering all telephone calls received on behalf of fee earners, taking and relaying telephone messages.
- Overseeing office and trust accounts on Netbank – bookkeeper support.
- Processing payroll for staff members – bookkeeper support.
- Monitoring internal and external mail, email and voicemail and taking action when required.
- Assist with the preparation of emails, correspondence, documents and presentations.
- Maintaining paper and electronic filing systems and archiving.
- Drafting email and letter correspondence and drafting and filing court documents.
- Assist with diary management, arranging meetings, booking meeting rooms, organising catering and preparing any travel necessities.
- Attending to document production, including any printing, photocopying and collation of documents and materials.
- Matter management, including opening files, creating engagement letters and applying correct rates.
- Attending to client and matter queries.
- Assisting lawyers with various paralegal tasks including drafting of Court documents
- Organising medical and specialist appointments for clients.
- Assisting with the preparation of court documents which includes labelling, indexing, preparing files, (briefs to counsel, court bundles and defence tender bundles – Law Clerk assistance).
- Manage the billing administration process as per the practice group requirements, which includes preparing billing guides, reviewing bills, amending narratives, preparing covering letters and preparing final bills to be sent to clients.
- Billing for fee earners.
- Compiling and preparing fee earner expenses.
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Previous legal secretarial experience;
* Exposure to criminal law (highly advantageous);
* Committed can-do attitude;
* Fast and accurate typing;
* Ability to multi-task;
* Eager to learn;
* Reliable work ethic;
* Organised and detail oriented;
* Articulate and professional phone manner.
For more details, contact Kristy on 9233 8333 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference KT:7765. Please note only candidates with the relevant experience will be contacted.